Cancer charity invites public to raise funds and take part in colour run
- Credit: PA
Runners of all abilities are invited to a cancer charity's first colour run as it seeks to raise funds.
The Big C, Norfolk's biggest cancer charity, is organising the event at Hoveton Hall Estate – with a variety of activities planned for people of all ages.
Participants in the colour run will get different colours of paint squirted at them as they cover each of the five kilometres that make up the course.
The route is off-road on a woodland trail and there are no concrete paths.
The charity event is not touted as a race or speed trial, with organisers aiming to provide a good time for runners, and their supporters. A 1km race will also be held for children aged over six.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Bell, Big C events manager, said: 'If you've never entered a sponsored run before, this is your perfect entry as 5km is an achievable target for beginner runners.
'The colourful paint extravaganza at the finish line is the perfect opportunity to celebrate your achievement in style.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
First-time runner Stephanie Renouf, of the Big C, said: 'I felt it was time that I got out of my comfort zone so I signed up.
'I have never run for anything except a bus or train or if the village shop is about to close and I need to buy supper.'
As well as the running event there will be face-painting, rodeo bull, a bouncy castle, food and drink stands and other outdoor games for children. Each vendor will donate 10pc to the charity.
The event is on July 9.
To register in advance and for more details visit www.big-c.co.uk/colour5k