‘Spread the word, not coronavirus’ - Protest organisers reminder about livestream
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Organisers of a Black Lives Matter protest in Norwich is urging anyone who is heading out to protest to follow social distancing rules.
Earlier this week organisers asked people to stay home over coronavirus concerns and will continue its livestream as planned from 2pm today.
A post in the event’s Facebook page said they were aware some people would wish to demonstrate in public but that there was no central location for the protest.
The post says a loud speaker will be at the Forum but it was not a cental location to gather.
The post states: “To clear anything up - there is NO central location for this protest. We are live-streaming so that everyone can protest while following social distancing guidelines.
You may also want to watch:
“The main advice of these guidelines is to *stay home*.
“Remember that we are protesting to save Black Lives, we will strengthen our protest and message by adhering to social distancing guidelines because Covid-19 is disproportionately killing BAME people.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
“We therefore urge you to NOT gather in close crowds (<2m from another household) or to march, and to protest from home where possible.
“Spread out. BAME safety is solidarity. Social distancing saves Black Lives. Spread the word, not coronavirus.