‘Spread the word, not coronavirus’ - Protest organisers reminder about livestream
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Organisers of a Black Lives Matter protest in Norwich is urging anyone who is heading out to protest to follow social distancing rules.
Earlier this week organisers asked people to stay home over coronavirus concerns and will continue its livestream as planned from 2pm today.
A post in the event’s Facebook page said they were aware some people would wish to demonstrate in public but that there was no central location for the protest.
The post says a loud speaker will be at the Forum but it was not a cental location to gather.
The post states: “To clear anything up - there is NO central location for this protest. We are live-streaming so that everyone can protest while following social distancing guidelines.
You may also want to watch:
“The main advice of these guidelines is to *stay home*.
“Remember that we are protesting to save Black Lives, we will strengthen our protest and message by adhering to social distancing guidelines because Covid-19 is disproportionately killing BAME people.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 6 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 9 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
“We therefore urge you to NOT gather in close crowds (<2m from another household) or to march, and to protest from home where possible.
“Spread out. BAME safety is solidarity. Social distancing saves Black Lives. Spread the word, not coronavirus.