Haven Bridge footpath cyclists face £50 fines
Police are clamping down on cyclists illegally using the footpath across Haven Bridge in Great Yarmouth.
Officers from both the Cobholm & Southtown and South Yarmouth Safer Neighbourhood Teams will be carrying out targeted patrols on Haven Bridge during peak times, starting on Monday and continuing all week.
The aim of the patrols is to combat the number of complaints that the Safer Neighbourhood Teams have received relating to cyclists riding on the path over the bridge.
Police are advising that the footpath over the bridge is not a cycle path and that cyclists need to dismount and walk with their cycle if they are using the path rather than the road way.
Failing to do so could result in a £50 fixed penalty notice being issued for the offence of cycling on a footpath.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR