Electrical problem with bridge causes gridlock in Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
An electrical fault closed Great Yarmouth's Haven Bridge for around half an hour today, Saturday.
Traffic was said to be gridlocked with queues as far back as Gorleston's inner relief road.
Police were at the scene diverting traffic.
MORE: Travel chaos in Great Yarmouth due to bridge barrier faultPedestrian access was maintained.
An engineer on the bridge said the issue was to do with a safety light that wasn't working.
You may also want to watch:
It is the second time in around ten days the bridge has been closed.
It has now re-opened and traffic is moving freely.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named