Have you lost a peacock in Norwich?
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich woman got an unexpected wake up call this morning when a peacock appeared in her garden.
Martine Kirkbride spotted the unusual bird in her back garden on Cambridge Street, off Unthank Road, at 6am.
Ms Kirkbride said: 'I was woken up by my partner Geoff at 6am who had gone down to the kitchen to make tea only to find this beautiful visitor.
'I watched, photographed and filmed it for two hours.
'I put it on the Secret Norwich Facebook page to try and locate its owner and called the RSPB but there was no answer.
You may also want to watch:
'Then at 8am it just spread its wings and flew to the neighbours roof. It has now moved on.'
The peacock was also spotted late last night by Brooke Pierozynski who posted on Facebook: 'Anyone missing a peacock? Or know someone who is around the Unthank area? Last seen on a roof of a house across from the Co-op!'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
Do you know the owner of the mystery peacock? Email Louisa.Baldwin@archant.co.uk