Have you got what it takes to crew Gorleston’s Broads rescue boat?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A busy lifeboat station is looking to recruit a dedicated new crew for its Broads rescue boat.
The Kingfisher will be based at Gorleston in the former coastguard unit ready to respond to incidents along the region's scenic waterways.
The station, which already has two boats, is looking to enlist a six or seven-strong team.
A spokesman for Great Yarmouth and Gorleston RNLI station said that although a previous recruitment drive had been successful, those volunteers had since graduated to working on the larger boats following a spate of retirements and promotions.
The Kingfisher, an Arancia class boat, is a two man inflatable that needs a crew and driver for the truck that is used to tow the boat to launch sites.
You may also want to watch:
No previous experience is necessary as comprehensive RNLI training will be given but successful candidates need to be between the ages of 17-55, living in Gorleston or the immediate surrounding villages, and be medically fit.
If interested please contact the station through its Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction