Haulage firm brings 45ft treat for Weeting preschool children
- Credit: Archant
A group of preschool children experienced life in the driver's seat when a lorry from a local haulage firm paid them a visit.
The children from Little Saints Preschool in Weeting got to sit in and explore the cab of the 45ft Daf lorry, owned by Suffolk hauliers Goldstar Transport.
The company lent its support to the preschool at this year's Weeting Steam Rally, donating the proceeds from its stall to the school's committee.
As an extra treat for its 33 pupils, Goldstar driving instructor Andy Keatley brought one of the firm's lorries to Weeting for the children to see.
Parent and committee member Helen Kilderhouse said Little Saints operates as a charity so Goldstar Transport's £96 donation, along with the money the school raised on its own stall at the steam rally, was a valuable addition to its kitty.
You may also want to watch:
She said the money will be put towards outdoor equipment for the preschool, which has shared a site with Weeting Primary School for the last three years.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us