Harleston charity receives an early Christmas present
- Credit: Archant
A charity in Harleston has received a early Christmas present.
Harleston Information Plus received a funding boost from The Lodge of Marksman when Andrew Klausner, charity steward at the lodge, presented the centre with a cheque for £750.
Mr Klausner said: ''I have discovered many things about Harleston Information Plus during the months that I have been working with them. They do so much for the local community.
'It makes me very happy to think that I, and the members of my Lodge have been able to support such an integral part of the town.'
Julie Helsby, community support manager at Harleston Information Plus said: 'By helping us to continue our work, Lodge members are making a big difference to the lives of local people. '
You may also want to watch:
More than 200 people use the information centre each week which provides a six day a week information service, jobs club, Internet café, and training classes.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker