Happy hounds at Dogs Trust Snetterton’s fun day
- Credit: Archant
Many happy tails were wagging at a dog charity's event this month which raised more than £7,000.
More than 2,000 people attended the Fun Day at Dogs Trust Snetterton on Sunday, June 7.
Staff have hailed the event, held in aid of the rehoming centre, as their most successful fun day in four years.
Pet owners who attended were able to enter their own pooches into the event's Dog Show, with categories including best biscuit catcher, waggiest tail, best oldie and handsomest dog.
There were also displays by The A Team and Have-A-Go Agility and a performance from local singer-songwriter Matt Watson.
You may also want to watch:
Kate Brewster, Dogs Trust Snetterton supporter relations officer, said: 'All of us at Dogs Trust Snetterton are delighted that the fun day was such a success. 'We raised a fantastic amount of money, and all of it goes towards the care of our abandoned, stray and unwanted dogs at the rehoming centre.'
She added: 'It was a great day for all, we had superb weather and all of our visitors got the chance to meet and greet our four legged friends and enter their own dogs in our Dog Show.'
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
All of the staff and homeless hounds at Dogs Trust Snetterton would like to thank everyone who attended and gave donations.
Are you holding an event for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.