Happy homecoming as Suffolk steam rally returns to Henham Park
- Credit: Archant
A popular Suffolk steam rally returned home this weekend, delighting crowds and organisers alike.
The 42nd annual Henham Steam Rally returned to its home in Henham Park near Southwold, after last year being staged at Trinity Park in Ipswich.
An array of vintage vehicles, steam engines and tractors supported by stunt teams and country displays kept the people happy during the two-day event.
Graham Scriven, event manager, said: 'We're all very pleased to be back at Henham and everybody we've seen has said they're pleased it's back at Henham.
'There's been a great atmosphere.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Scriven said there were fears wet weather could hinder the event, but admitted they were fortunate with the amount of rainfall at the park.
'We had an inch of rainfall on the Friday and we'd taken measures on the site to protect the park from bad weather,' he said.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 9 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 10 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
Although there was no figures given on attendance, Mr Scriven added the arena had been four or five people deep throughout most of the weekend.