Happy Ed Balls Day! Sixth anniversary of the day the Norwich City chairman tweeted his own name
- Credit: PA
It's that time of year again. Today the nation celebrates the day Norwich City chairman Ed Balls accidentally became an internet phenomenon by tweeting his own name.
It was back in 2011 when the Strictly Come Dancing star was shopping for the ingredients for a 12-hour pulled pork recipe in an Asda store when an aide suggested he search for an article on Twitter which mentioned him.
Mr Balls began typing in his name, but at a phone call distracted him and he accidentally hit 'send', tweeting the message to the delight of everyone on Twitter.
The original tweet has since been retweeted more than 89,000 times and received over 56,000 likes.
Thousands of people have used Twitter to celebrate the momentous day, sharing photos, videos and mocking up pictures of the former shadow chancellor.
You may also want to watch:
Like every year Mr Balls will mark the occasion by retweeting the original tweet at 4.20pm, the exact time it was sent six years ago.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 10 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow