Norwich woman raises thousands for cancer chairites
- Credit: Archant
A woman affected by cancer has raised more than £8,000 by organising a charity ball.
Hannah West, 21, of Cromer Road in Norwich, raised £8,645 for Cancer Research UK and Brain Tumour Research after her dance teacher had a brain tumour and other family members were affected by cancer.
Miss West, a physiotherapist at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital, said: 'I knew I wanted to do something but never expected it to be as big as this.
'I have never organised anything like this before and would love to continue supporting the cause in the future'
The event was held at the Sprowston Manor Hotel & Country Club and over 260 guests attended.
You may also want to watch:
Laura Holland, Cancer Research UK's local fundraising manager for East Anglia, said: 'Hannah is an absolute inspiration and we can't thank her enough for her commitment to helping Cancer Research UK beat cancer sooner.'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church