Halesworth lights up for the festive season
- Credit: Archant
The streets of Halesworth sparkled as the town switched on their Christmas lights for the festive season.
Record-number crowds poured into the town centre to witness the dream-like spectacle of the event.
Teresa Walsh, the chair of Halesworth Event Management came together with a small group of volunteers to raise £10,000 for the event.
'This time of year Halesworth looks magical and brings a lot of pleasure to residents and visitors alike,' Mrs Walsh said.
She said: 'We had record numbers attending this year and much fun was had by all from the youngest child coming to see the lights and Father Christmas to the older generations watching the Royal Legion Band, Leiston, marching and playing their instruments.
You may also want to watch:
'The popular group 'Back Trackin' played into early evening in The Market Place, we were joined by characters from three local Pantos,' Mrs Walsh
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17