Halesworth man issued with court summons in connection with Shane Lay hit and run death
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A court summons has been served to a 50-year-old man in relation to the hit and run incident in which 42-year-old Shane Lay was killed.
Mr Lay died on hospital last year after being involved in a collision with a Nissan Qashqai, which failed to stop at the scene.
The incident happened at around 1.40am on Friday, May 13, 2016 on Bridge Street in Bungay, with Mr Lay, of Loddon Road in Broome, dying in Addenbrooke's Hospital the following day.
Now, a court summons has been issued to a Halesworth man, who had previously been arrested in connection with the collision and bailed to allow further enquiries to take place.
He has now been summonsed to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Thursday, September 28, where he will be charged with causing death by dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
Following his death, Mr Lay was described by a friend as 'always happy and cheerful'.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days