Halesworth car park to close for remedial drainage work
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A car park in the centre of Halesworth is due to be closed next week while work is carried out to alleviate a problem with flooding.
Waveney Norse will be carrying out the work at the Thoroughfare car park from Monday, March 13.
A notice posted by Halesworth Town Council, who said it had just been informed of the closure, said: 'The work schedule is for seven days but it is anticipated that it should be completed within five - weather and conditions dependant.
'Waveney Norse advise that the car park will be closed to shoppers and visitors and suggest that they use alternative parking within the town.
'Deliveries and permit holders will be allowed limited access and should check with the site manager.
You may also want to watch:
'During certain periods due to the nature of the work being undertaken, the car park will be closed to all traffic.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich