Halesworth car park to close for remedial drainage work
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A car park in the centre of Halesworth is due to be closed next week while work is carried out to alleviate a problem with flooding.
Waveney Norse will be carrying out the work at the Thoroughfare car park from Monday, March 13.
A notice posted by Halesworth Town Council, who said it had just been informed of the closure, said: 'The work schedule is for seven days but it is anticipated that it should be completed within five - weather and conditions dependant.
'Waveney Norse advise that the car park will be closed to shoppers and visitors and suggest that they use alternative parking within the town.
'Deliveries and permit holders will be allowed limited access and should check with the site manager.
'During certain periods due to the nature of the work being undertaken, the car park will be closed to all traffic.'
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 6 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 10 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears