Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- Credit: WSP.
A junction has closed for two weeks while preparations for Lowestoft's third crossing continue.
Diversions are in place for the junction of Durban Road with Waveney Drive, with work expected to take two weeks, finishing on January 25.
The junction will be permanently closed once construction of the Gull Wing bridge begins later this year.
A spokesperson for the project team said: "The work is being carried out by Farrans and Suffolk County Council, who are drilling exploratory holes to check locations of utilities, such as water services.
"This is part of the preparation work for the construction of the Gull Wing bridge.
You may also want to watch:
"Later in the year, the junction will be closed permanently once construction is under way."
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall