Guitarist Andy James helps launch of new Norwich music store Supatone
Musicians have got a new shop to explore in Norwich.
Supatone, above the city centre Iceland supermarket at the top of St Stephens Street, opened its doors for the first time on Saturday and had a special guest on hand to entertain customers.
Guitarist Andy James was performing throughout the day courtesy of ESP Guitars, one of the store's main suppliers.
Mr James lives in central Norwich and has made a name for himself as both a solo heavy rock guitarist and through the online Lick Library, which provides online and DVD guitar tuition.
Business partners Tim Gyton, Georgina Bambridge - who already run Norfolk Guitar and Bass Centre in Watton together - and Jonathan Vickers have opened the shop and are hoping an independent vibe will see the store flourish.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gyton, 35, from Shipdham, near Dereham, said: 'To say the opening day surpassed all our expectations, considering the lack of advertising and preparation we had, would be a huge understatement.
'We provisionally had nine members of staff working and I don't think anyone's bum touched a seat all day. I would say we had at least a couple of hundred people in.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
The store was previously home to computer games store Battlenet but has now had a complete refit for more of a '1940s look', with the help of art students from Norwich University College of the Arts.
Are you opening a new shop in Norwich? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email@example.com