Investigations under way following flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters quickly tackled a blaze in a ground floor flat.
Two crews from Lowestoft South fire station, a crew from North Lowestoft fire station, Lowestoft Police and the East of England Ambulance Service all responded following reports of a flat fire at a property on Hollingsworth Road with “persons reported.”
They were called out at 1.32pm, with the scene cleared by 2.06pm.
A brigade spokesman said: “The attending crews worked quickly to extinguish the fire.
“All persons were accounted for.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, used a hose reel jet, covering jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan to put out the flames.
With paramedics attending “as a precaution”, police said “no one was found to be inside the flat.”
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 5 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 6 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 7 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 8 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 9 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
A police spokesman added: “Police are currently carrying out enquiries in order to establish the circumstances.”