Groggy Doggy 2016: Hundreds turn out for running club’s annual muddy event
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Hundreds of people and dozen of dogs turned out for an annual fun run with a twist in the tail this Boxing Day.
Bungay's Black Dog Running Club hosted its annual Groggy Doggy cross country race, which invites competitors to bring their four-legged friends along for run.
Pooches were out in force along with their owners, many of whom came in fancy dress, for the occasion which is now in its ninth year.
One runner, who was taking part in his first Groggy Dogg event at the tender age of 73, took away the best costume prize for his elf outfit.
Club captain Tom Pullinger said the event was so well attended that its start had to be delayed to make sure everyone who chose to register on the day could do so.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pullinger, who took part with his springador Dexter, said: 'It was fabulous. It was a great sunny morning which helped, but there were still plenty of puddles and plenty of mud for those who fancied it.
'It was a wonderful success on all levels, We also unveiled our new club gazebo, which was a particular highlight for our members.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
He added: 'I was particularly pleased by the number of beginners who turned up. We had lots of first-timers and lots of juniors taking part, which is always great to see.'
The event was held on Outney Common in Bungay.