Gritter crashes into central reservation of A11
- Credit: Archant
A gritter trying to prepare a busy road for traffic in the icy weather crashed into the central reservation of the A11 during the early hours of the morning.
Police Tweeted to say that the vehicle crashed near to Mildenhall at around 4am this morning (Wednesday, February 28).
No-one was injured in the crash and officers said it was caused by a mechanical fault.
A single-lane closure was in place while police cleared up the aftermath of the crash, which reopened shortly before 5am.
Mildenhall Police Tweeted at the time of the incident: 'Gritter has crashed into the central reservation of the #A11 #southbound. No injuries - just a mechanical fault!
'Single lane closure currently in place.'
After the lane had been reopened, officers Tweeted: '#A11 is now clear.
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 5 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 6 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 7 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 8 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 9 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 10 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
'Please remember to drive carefully, it is -5C at the moment!'