Gritter crashes into central reservation of A11
- Credit: Archant
A gritter trying to prepare a busy road for traffic in the icy weather crashed into the central reservation of the A11 during the early hours of the morning.
Police Tweeted to say that the vehicle crashed near to Mildenhall at around 4am this morning (Wednesday, February 28).
No-one was injured in the crash and officers said it was caused by a mechanical fault.
A single-lane closure was in place while police cleared up the aftermath of the crash, which reopened shortly before 5am.
Mildenhall Police Tweeted at the time of the incident: 'Gritter has crashed into the central reservation of the #A11 #southbound. No injuries - just a mechanical fault!
You may also want to watch:
'Single lane closure currently in place.'
After the lane had been reopened, officers Tweeted: '#A11 is now clear.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
'Please remember to drive carefully, it is -5C at the moment!'