Firefighters called to 600 tonne straw stack blaze
- Credit: Craig Blackwood
Firefighters are at the scene of a large fire in Griston after a stack of straw bale caught alight.
Fire crews from Hingham and Attleborough were called to reports of a fire at the former Watton Airfield near Griston at around 4.43pm this afternoon.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said around 600 tonnes of straw bales caught on fire, adding: 'We are in attendance at a large stack fire in Griston which is believed to be ongoing throughout the night.'
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 3 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 4 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 5 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 6 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 7 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 8 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 9 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 10 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture