Firefighters called to 600 tonne straw stack blaze
- Credit: Craig Blackwood
Firefighters are at the scene of a large fire in Griston after a stack of straw bale caught alight.
Fire crews from Hingham and Attleborough were called to reports of a fire at the former Watton Airfield near Griston at around 4.43pm this afternoon.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said around 600 tonnes of straw bales caught on fire, adding: 'We are in attendance at a large stack fire in Griston which is believed to be ongoing throughout the night.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 8 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear