Firefighters called to 600 tonne straw stack blaze
- Credit: Craig Blackwood
Firefighters are at the scene of a large fire in Griston after a stack of straw bale caught alight.
Fire crews from Hingham and Attleborough were called to reports of a fire at the former Watton Airfield near Griston at around 4.43pm this afternoon.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said around 600 tonnes of straw bales caught on fire, adding: 'We are in attendance at a large stack fire in Griston which is believed to be ongoing throughout the night.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Welcome to our new website
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive