Gressenhall Playgroup to close permanently after 41 years
- Credit: Ian Burt
Gressenhall Playgroup has closed its doors for good after 41 years of serving the community.
In a Facebook post on the Gressenhall Playgroup page, it said that the decision hadn't been taken lightly following an ongoing battle in the past year.
The post read: 'It is with a very heavy heart that I have to inform everyone that Gressenhall Playgroup will not be opening as planned today and it has been decided that our doors will be closed for good.
'During the summer holidays we have had many meetings and discussions surrounding the viability of the playgroup but sadly with our numbers so low it's impossible for us to continue as we are.
'We are very proud of everything we've achieved over the years, the many children we've seen grow and have had the pleasure to play a small part of their lives.
You may also want to watch:
'We're very proud to end with a 'GOOD' Ofsted grade after lots of hard work by the staff and committee but it's very sad it's the end.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker