West Norfolk parks in the running for national award
- Credit: Archant
Five West Norfolk parks are in the running to be named among the UK's top 10 favourites.
In July The Walks, Tower Gardens, Mintlyn Crematorium, Esplanade Gardens, and Boston Square Gardens were given a prestigious Green Flag Award.
Now, the award scheme is asking the nation to have its say and decide which parks and green spaces should receive the top 10 People's Choice Award.
West Norfolk deputy leader and cabinet member for culture, heritage and health, councillor Elizabeth Nockolds, said: 'We're very proud of our parks - our staff and a team of dedicated volunteers work incredibly hard to keep them so well-maintained.
'We get a lot of feedback from visitors to the borough about how wonderful our open spaces are, so let's try and get our parks into the top ten so lots more people know about them.'
You may also want to watch:
To cast your vote, visit: www.greenflagaward.org.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 10 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park