Level crossing problems cause train delays to and from Norwich
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2006
A number of rail services to and from Norwich have been impacted this morning due to problems at level crossings.
Issues at the junctions between the city and Reedham mean that trains are having to be take extra care over the crossings, which is causing delays.
Trains between Norwich and Lowestoft and Norwich and Great Yarmouth are being affected, as well as services from Lowestoft to Ipswich.
Greater Anglia said that engineers from Network Rail are en route to the affected areas to help fix the problems.
Multiple faults with signals, CCTV cameras and phones that operate the crossings are thought to be behind the disruption, which Greater Anglia says is expected until the end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
The company said: "Due to a problem at level crossings between Reedham and Norwich, trains have to run at a reduced speed. Train services to and from these stations may be subject to disruption on all routes.
"Disruption is expected until further notice."
If your journey is delayed by 15 minutes or more, you may be entitled to claim delay repay.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading