Disruption to train services following points failure
- Credit: Archant
A points failure caused early morning disruption to train services running to and from Lowestoft station.
Greater Anglia said: "Following an earlier points failure at Lowestoft all lines have now reopened."
Train services had been unable to arrive or depart Lowestoft from either Ipswich or Norwich from about 8.30am on Wednesday, February 26.
With disruption expected until 11am, a statement on the Greater Anglia website said: "Train services running to and from this station may be cancelled, delayed by up to 20 minutes or revised."
Commuters are advised that First bus are accepting rail tickets on the following buses: X2, X22, X21 to Lowestoft and Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a limited rail replacement bus service in operation.
It added: "Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption."
To keep up to date with train service alterations visit www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 9 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each