Train passengers warned to check before they travel
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers are being warned to check before they travel today due to series of engineering works on mainline and rural services to and from Norwich.
The majority of alterations affect routes from Norwich to Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft and from Ipswich to Felixstowe and Lowestoft.
• Norwich to Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft
Due to signalling works, no direct trains will run between Buckenham, Cantley, Reedham and Great Yarmouth. All Norwich to Great Yarmouth trains that previously went via Buckenham, Cantley and Reedham will run via Acle.
Passengers from Buckenham, Cantley and Reedham wishing to travel to Great Yarmouth will need to travel to Brundall or Norwich and change trains for Great Yarmouth. Due to the changes journey times will be longer.
You may also want to watch:
• Ipswich to Felixstowe and Lowestoft
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats
As a result of a major project work to increase train capacity between Ipswich and Felixstowe, the line will be closed between Ipswich and Felixstowe Town throughout Sunday.
Buses will replace trains between Ipswich and Felixstowe Town all day.
Details of all service alterations can be found via www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel-information/service-alterations