Greater Anglia report “excellent performance” last month
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Greater Anglia has reported an 'excellent performance' in the last month with punctuality on many routes more than 90pc during May.
The report says the best performance was achieved on the routes from Norwich to Lowestoft, with 97.6pc of trains on time.
It also reported 96.5pc of trains from Norwich to Great Yarmouth were on time, with 94.5pc from Norwich to Sheringham also keeping to schedule.
Greater Anglia claim that the good performance reflects work to improve the reliability of trains and initiatives by Network Rail to improve the reliability of track, signalling, overhead line and other rail infrastructure.
The company says it is working to maintain the positive trend and deliver better results on a consistent and ongoing basis.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Burles, managing director of Greater Anglia, said: 'We were pleased to deliver some very good performances for our customers in May. Our aim now is to provide better punctuality across all of our network on a more consistent basis.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 10 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts