Greater Anglia report “excellent performance” last month
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Greater Anglia has reported an 'excellent performance' in the last month with punctuality on many routes more than 90pc during May.
The report says the best performance was achieved on the routes from Norwich to Lowestoft, with 97.6pc of trains on time.
It also reported 96.5pc of trains from Norwich to Great Yarmouth were on time, with 94.5pc from Norwich to Sheringham also keeping to schedule.
Greater Anglia claim that the good performance reflects work to improve the reliability of trains and initiatives by Network Rail to improve the reliability of track, signalling, overhead line and other rail infrastructure.
The company says it is working to maintain the positive trend and deliver better results on a consistent and ongoing basis.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Burles, managing director of Greater Anglia, said: 'We were pleased to deliver some very good performances for our customers in May. Our aim now is to provide better punctuality across all of our network on a more consistent basis.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony