Rail passengers warned to expect disruption on services to and from Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Trains to Great Yarmouth will be disrupted for the first week of the New Year due to engineering works.
No direct trains will run between Cantley, Reedham and Great Yarmouth from December 31 to January 4 due to resignalling works.
All Norwich to Great Yarmouth trains that previously operated via Cantley and Reedham will now go via Acle.
Customers from Cantley and Reedham wishing to travel to Great Yarmouth will need to travel to Brundall or Norwich and change trains for Great Yarmouth.
Greater Anglia has advised passengers that Journey times will be extended and recommended that people check its journey planner before travelling.
You may also want to watch:
Disruption to train services on the main Norwich to London line will continue on Monday and Tuesday due to improvement works at Liverpool Street, with buses replacing trains from Ingatestone into the capital.
- 1 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting