Rail passengers warned to expect disruption on services to and from Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Trains to Great Yarmouth will be disrupted for the first week of the New Year due to engineering works.
No direct trains will run between Cantley, Reedham and Great Yarmouth from December 31 to January 4 due to resignalling works.
All Norwich to Great Yarmouth trains that previously operated via Cantley and Reedham will now go via Acle.
Customers from Cantley and Reedham wishing to travel to Great Yarmouth will need to travel to Brundall or Norwich and change trains for Great Yarmouth.
Greater Anglia has advised passengers that Journey times will be extended and recommended that people check its journey planner before travelling.
You may also want to watch:
Disruption to train services on the main Norwich to London line will continue on Monday and Tuesday due to improvement works at Liverpool Street, with buses replacing trains from Ingatestone into the capital.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom