Armed forces Day flag raising ceremony to be held in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A flag-raising ceremony will be held at the front of Great Yarmouth Town Hall on Monday, June 18, at 10am, as part of celebrations ahead of Armed Forces Day.
Cllr Mary Coleman, the mayor of the Great Yarmouth borough, will hoist the Armed Forces flag in a short ceremony led by Rev Albert Cadmore.
Everyone in the borough is invited to attend to the event.
MORE; armed forces day eventArmed Forces Day, on Saturday, June 30, is an opportunity for people to show their support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community.
Celebrations begin on Monday, June 18 when the Armed Forces Day flag is raised on buildings and famous landmarks around the country.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season