Great Yarmouth support centre is on the up as it marks first anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A centre that supports people aged over 50 in the Great Yarmouth area has celebrated its first anniversary and is looking forward to expanding its services
The centre in Regent Street provides information and activities five days a week.
To mark its anniversary two birthday cakes were made by a volunteer and it held a week of fun activities.
New to the centre are free legal surgeries supported by Gordon Dean Solicitors, helping people with information on wills, probate and power of attorney.
The upstairs of the centre is also now complete with training and meeting rooms along with hot desks available to businesses and organisations to rent.
You may also want to watch:
More details can be found at www.acgy.org
Starting May 6 the centre will also be open the first and third Saturday in the month from 10am until 1pm.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
For information call 01493 262052 or email email@example.com