Great Yarmouth support centre is on the up as it marks first anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A centre that supports people aged over 50 in the Great Yarmouth area has celebrated its first anniversary and is looking forward to expanding its services
The centre in Regent Street provides information and activities five days a week.
To mark its anniversary two birthday cakes were made by a volunteer and it held a week of fun activities.
New to the centre are free legal surgeries supported by Gordon Dean Solicitors, helping people with information on wills, probate and power of attorney.
The upstairs of the centre is also now complete with training and meeting rooms along with hot desks available to businesses and organisations to rent.
You may also want to watch:
More details can be found at www.acgy.org
Starting May 6 the centre will also be open the first and third Saturday in the month from 10am until 1pm.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
For information call 01493 262052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org