Residents of Middlegate area of Great Yarmouth invited to community event
- Credit: Archant
Residents of Great Yarmouth's Middlegate area are being invited to an evening of free wood-fired pizza and refreshments and to share their experiences and thoughts about their neighbourhood.
The Food for Thought event at Great Yarmouth Library, on Thursday, April 26 is a drop-in event for everyone in Middlegate, from 5pm to 7.30pm. Children can build their own pizzas and take part in fun activities while adults can explore community life and their aspirations for the area.
Daniel Hastings, community development manager at Comeunity, the borough council's Neighbourhoods Management Programme for the area, said: 'The event creates fantastic opportunities to support stronger, better connected communities.
Our primary objective is to bring together people for an informal chat about their priorities and aspirations for their neighbourhood.'
For details, www.facebook.com/ComeunityGY #MyMiddlegate
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer