Residents of Middlegate area of Great Yarmouth invited to community event
- Credit: Archant
Residents of Great Yarmouth's Middlegate area are being invited to an evening of free wood-fired pizza and refreshments and to share their experiences and thoughts about their neighbourhood.
The Food for Thought event at Great Yarmouth Library, on Thursday, April 26 is a drop-in event for everyone in Middlegate, from 5pm to 7.30pm. Children can build their own pizzas and take part in fun activities while adults can explore community life and their aspirations for the area.
Daniel Hastings, community development manager at Comeunity, the borough council's Neighbourhoods Management Programme for the area, said: 'The event creates fantastic opportunities to support stronger, better connected communities.
Our primary objective is to bring together people for an informal chat about their priorities and aspirations for their neighbourhood.'
For details, www.facebook.com/ComeunityGY #MyMiddlegate
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 10 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead