Great Yarmouth racecourse mascot race is a family affair
- Credit: Archant
Do you fancy taking part in a wacky mascots race at Great Yarmouth Racecourse?
That is the question being asked by the racecourse ahead of a family fun day on Sunday, August 27.
During the day mascots from the course, and other tourist attractions, race over the final half furlong of the track in a novelty event.
There is even a chance to join in the action as the track is seeking people who fancy donning any spare mascot suits and taking part - in return for a free family pass. They should be at least 5ft 10in and reasonably fit.
Gates open at 11.30am. Along with children's entertainers and bouncy castles, there is a full seven-race programme with the first at 2.15pm and the last at 5.45pm, subject to changes.
You may also want to watch:
For ticket prices and information call 01493 842527 or visit www.greatyarmouth-racecourse
Email email@example.com to take part in the mascot race.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony