Man dies following industrial incident in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following an industrial incident in Great Yarmouth.
Emergency services were called to the outer harbour on South Beach Parade at about 10.50am on Thursday (October 17).
Three ambulances, an ambulance officer, Essex and Herts Air Ambulance and East Anglian Air Ambulance all rushed to the scene, as well as police and two fire brigades.
Two men working on the site suffered serious injuries following an incident.
One of the casualties, a man in his 60s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The other casualty, a man in his 40s, suffered serious injuries and has been taken to the James Paget University Hospital for treatment.
Two fire brigades from Great Yarmouth also attended to assist police and ambulance.
Police remain on scene.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has confirmed it has been informed and is in contact with the police.