Great Yarmouth Lions and East Coast Hospice appeal celebrate Persimmon charity grants
- Credit: Archant
A hospice appeal and Lions club in the Great Yarmouth area are the latest good causes to receive a helping hand from housebuilder Persimmon Homes Anglia.
East Coast Hospice and Great Yarmouth Lions Club have each been selected to receive £1,000 as part of Persimmon Homes Anglia's Community Champions scheme.
The national match-funding programme seeks to support groups and charities working to improve the quality of life or environment for local people.
The East Coast Hospice appeal are fundraising to build a ten-bed inpatient hospice with day-care and therapy facilities for people living in Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
Great Yarmouth Lions Club is a network of volunteers who work together to support local good causes and projects across Great Yarmouth and Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
The Lions will use a money to help host a special 100th anniversary charter night in October.
Andrew Fuller, managing director for Persimmon Homes Anglia, said: 'As a company we are committed to supporting the small charities, clubs and organisations that operate near to our new homes developments.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 10 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
'This month we are delighted to be supporting the fundraising efforts of two worthwhile causes, and we can see how important they are to their communities.'
Community groups, charities and good causes across the county have benefitted thanks to the donations from Persimmon Homes. Organisations can apply for match funding by completing a simple online form at www.persimmonhomes.com/charityThe scheme invites local groups and charities to bid for cash from a £750,000 national fund, with two donations of up to £1,000 being made locally each month.