Hippodrome owners plan to open circus-themed cafe
- Credit: James Bass
Visitors waiting for a show at the Hippodrome in Great Yarmouth could enjoy a glass of wine and a slice of cake in a circus-themed cafe - if a planning application gets the green light.
The Jay family, who own and run the venue on St George's Road, are proposing to convert a storeroom in a building adjacent to the main theatre into a coffee shop.
The cafe would serve visitors to the Hippodrome and parents of pupils attending the circus dance school - but also be open to passing trade.
Owner Peter Jay said: "For years the building has been storing scenery. We thought let's have a go now and open it as a cafe where people can meet before and after a show.
"What we're finding with the pandemic is that people tend to come earlier, so it would give them somewhere to sit down before we open up," he added.
You may also want to watch:
The venue would be designed with a circus theme, and serve drinks, cakes, sandwiches and alcoholic beverages.
A decision is due by March 18.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 10 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront