Great Yarmouth Haven Rotary Club welcomes new president
- Credit: Archant
The new president of the Great Yarmouth Haven Rotary Club has been installed - Philip Hunt.
The event saw outgoing president Malcolm Loveland give a brief review of his year in office, thanking members for their support and fellowship.
Members agreed Mr Loveland's year in office had been a success with £15,000 raised for charities both abroad and at home locally.
Mr Hunt then inducted the president elect, Keith Futter.
The vice president Malcolm Bugge was unavoidably absent and will be installed at a later date.
Mr Hunt thanked all for their support and welcomed to the handover meeting district governor of Rotary District 1080 Robert Lovick; Derek Houghton, president of Great Yarmouth Rotary Club, and Keith Tovey, visiting from the Norwich Rotary Club.
Mr Hunt also inducted Colin Godfrey as a new member and as a member of the worldwide organisation of Rotary.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack