Great Yarmouth Haven Rotary Club welcomes new president
- Credit: Archant
The new president of the Great Yarmouth Haven Rotary Club has been installed - Philip Hunt.
The event saw outgoing president Malcolm Loveland give a brief review of his year in office, thanking members for their support and fellowship.
Members agreed Mr Loveland's year in office had been a success with £15,000 raised for charities both abroad and at home locally.
Mr Hunt then inducted the president elect, Keith Futter.
The vice president Malcolm Bugge was unavoidably absent and will be installed at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hunt thanked all for their support and welcomed to the handover meeting district governor of Rotary District 1080 Robert Lovick; Derek Houghton, president of Great Yarmouth Rotary Club, and Keith Tovey, visiting from the Norwich Rotary Club.
Mr Hunt also inducted Colin Godfrey as a new member and as a member of the worldwide organisation of Rotary.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock