Can you help Olive celebrate her 102nd birthday?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A residential care home has launched an appeal for people to send 102 birthday cards to one of its residents.
Olive Lord will be turning 102 on Saturday at Park House in Great Yarmouth.
She was born in Norwich on November 25 1915 and moved to Gorleston at the age of three with her parents.
She trained to be a nurse and spent time working in hospitals in Norwich, Newmarket and at Northgate Hospital and caring for sick children in Melton Lodge.
She worked for the Red Cross and with patients with tuberculosis.
You may also want to watch:
At the home she enjoys reading, bingo and knitting and also joins in with the music and entertainment afternoons, especially with Andy, her favourite singer.
Staff member Lisa Robson said: 'Olive will be 102 on November 25 and I have set myself the task of getting Olive 102 birthday cards for her 102nd birthday.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
Birthday cards can be sent to
Lisa (102 challenge)
6 Alexandra Road