Great Yarmouth animal rescue charity to hold event in Gorleston
- Credit: Marine and Wildlife Rescue
A charity event is being held to help raise awareness of marine and wildlife rescues in Norfolk.
Great Yarmouth-based charity, Marine and Wildlife Rescue, are running the Wheels for Seals event to show people what they do on a daily basis as well as raising funds.
The event on Tuesday, August 15 will start at 11am from Gorleston clifftop's Marine Parade car park and those taking part will either walk, peddle or scoot down to the Albion pub on Lowestoft Road.
Dan Goldsmith, from the chairty, said: 'We have had a busy few weeks dealing with seals calls in the area. We are a registered charity rescuing all wildlife around Norfolk and this is the busiest time of the year for us.
'We recently collected a sick seal from the Gorleston Cliff top gala that was washed up on the beach below.'
At the finish there will be some animals to meet and details about the charity.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 NCFC LIVE: Missed chance for City against 10-man Newcastle
- 10 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash