Great Moulton tea party raises funds for Royal Marsden hospitals
Scores of people turned out for traditional tea and cake in a bid to raise money for a hospital close to the heart of a Norfolk nurse.
Natalie Moss hosted the tea party in aid of the Royal Marsden hospitals in London where her partner was treated for a rare form of cancer before he died in October last year, aged 28.
Victor Nchofua, was diagnosed with a sarcoma cancer that spread to his lungs and brain, and since his death Miss Moss has pledged to walk 14-miles between the Royal Marsden hospitals in Chelsea and Sutton to raise as much money as possible.
Money from the tea party, held on Saturday at the South Norfolk Guest House in Great Moulton, near Diss, will go towards the total raised.
Miss Moss, who will take part in the walk with 12 friends on Sunday said her friends and family had baked numerous items for the tea party including scones, sponge cakes and biscuits.
You may also want to watch:
'It's something that is fun and enjoyable and everyone could get involved,' she said. 'I'm really excited about the walk and it's given me something to focus on. 'We wanted to do it together but we didn't register in time so I know it's something we both wanted to do. 'I know he wouldn't want me sat at home depressed and although it's been hard and it's not been long, it helps to have something to focus on.'
Miss Moss, who was raised in Dunwich, Suffolk and attended the Royal Hospital School at Holbrook, said the walkers would be dressing up in 'Arsenal bling' in honour of Mr Nchofua's favourite football team.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
To donate to the appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/remember/ 371/victor-nchofua.