Grass blaze tackled by fire crews
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from Norfolk and Suffolk quickly dealt with a grass fire off a rural road.
Crews from Beccles and Gorleston fire stations were called out following reports of a grass fire on Pit Road, Burgh St Peter about 11.54am on Tuesday, June 4.
On arrival at the scene in the village near Beccles, the fire crews discovered an area of grass ablaze.
A brigade spokesman said: "Crews from Beccles and Gorleston used hose reels to extinguish a grass fire on Pit Road.
"They also used a thermal imaging camera to check for residual hot spots."
You may also want to watch:
The blaze was soon under control and the crews had left the scene by 12.44pm.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack