Grace celebrates 104th birthday with family members in Hopton care home
- Credit: Brenda Lanchester
A birthday grander than most has been celebrated at a Hopton care home, with one of its residents reaching 104-years-old.
Grace Bowell, who resides at Ritson Lodge, has celebrated her birthday at the home.
She was born in Poplar, on the Isle of Dogs in London, and spent her entire childhood in the capital, though she would holiday in Kent with her aunt.
One of eight children, she was twice bombed out of her home during the Second World War, moving to Oulton Broad with husband Gordon in 1943.
A lady with an active social life, she became involved with a number of different organisations, including the Towns Womens' Guild in the 1950s. In her 90s, she knitted for premature babies delivered at the James Paget University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
She celebrated her birthday at the Hopton care home with family, including daughter Brenda.
It was her second birthday there.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 7 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs