Gorleston’s White Horse Filling Station wants to open 24 hours
- Credit: Picture: David Hannant
The operator of a petrol station in Gorleston has applied to keep the site open for 24 hours to sell fuel and food.
The changes to the White Horse Filling Station on Beccles Road, if approved by Great Yarmouth Borough Council, would see fuel and shop purchases allowed from 11pm to 7am through a night hatch.
Operator Motor Fuel Group has launched the variation in conditions bid as it says since the site was granted planning permission in 1993 people's lifestyles have changed.
Planning papers say 'these changes have occurred due to the transition to busier, less regimented lifestyles and changes in working patterns, increase in population and the growth of consumerism'.
The planning bid says only the two inner fuel pumps would operate during the new times and car wash, vacuum, air and water services and deliveries would be restricted to between 7am and 11pm.
People have until August 17 to comment on the plan.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages