Gorleston’s White Horse Filling Station wants to open 24 hours
- Credit: Picture: David Hannant
The operator of a petrol station in Gorleston has applied to keep the site open for 24 hours to sell fuel and food.
The changes to the White Horse Filling Station on Beccles Road, if approved by Great Yarmouth Borough Council, would see fuel and shop purchases allowed from 11pm to 7am through a night hatch.
Operator Motor Fuel Group has launched the variation in conditions bid as it says since the site was granted planning permission in 1993 people's lifestyles have changed.
Planning papers say 'these changes have occurred due to the transition to busier, less regimented lifestyles and changes in working patterns, increase in population and the growth of consumerism'.
The planning bid says only the two inner fuel pumps would operate during the new times and car wash, vacuum, air and water services and deliveries would be restricted to between 7am and 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
People have until August 17 to comment on the plan.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk