Gorleston’s new cinema is welcomed by film lovers
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Gorleston's new cinema has been given the seal of approval by film lovers.
The Palace Cinema in Gorleston opened on Monday morning in a building originally built as a movie house, but until more recently being used a bingo hall.
It has four screens seating around 450 people and will be showing all the latest blockbusters.
Sandra Ramm took her grandson Arden George on the opening day and said it was nice and comfortable.
Ian and Holly Knights took their daughter along on Monday and said going to the new cinema was good fun.
You may also want to watch:
Cinema manager Luke Hockley-Hills said it was boom time for venues like the Palace.
He added: 'The cinema industry is strong and picking up and will be going for years to come. It's about the picture quality and sound quality you don't get at home. It's much more immersive.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
'You also get to share a great experience with your family and friends.'
Mr Hockley-Hills, who chooses the films to screen, said there were a lot of great blockbusters coming out at the moment.
The building is set out over two floors with two screens on each, with an upstairs bar.
Comfy leather black seats come as standard, with the more exclusive seating in two of the screens offering the best views in the house and reclining seats.
Food can be ordered at the bar and staff will bring it to you at your seats before the film is due start.