Gorleston nurse to space hop 10k for charity
- Credit: Archant
A hospital nurse is undertaking a 10K race with a difference this weekend by hopping on a Space Hopper to raise funds for the Cavell Nurses' Trust.
Joan Pons Laplana, nurse and James Paget University Hospital clinical project manager, will be hopping around Sheffield on Sunday as part of #10kForNurses – a campaign run in October by the Nurses' Trust which is encouraging people to run 10k, walk 10k, sing for 10,000 seconds or even bake 10k worth of calories.
The aim is to raise £10,000 to support the UK's nurses, midwives and health care assistants, whether working or retired, with money and assistance when needed.
For Mr Laplana, his big hop was a different way of doing the Sheffield City 10k to attract attention to his efforts to support the trust.
For more information about the campaign and to sponsor him visit www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/cavellnursestrust/october10kfornurses
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting