Gorleston Makes Music to feature six finalist acts
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Musical talent will be taking over Gorleston at an annual event.
The final of Gorleston Makes Music will take place at the bandstand near the Ocean Room on Sunday, August 20 from 1pm.
It will feature six acts whittled down from a record 26 entries at auditions last month in an annual contest run by Gorleston Rotary Club to showcase performing talent in the Norfolk and Suffolk area.
People are invited to watch and support the singers and musicians at the picnic style event which also raises money for Rotary funds.
The finalists, chasing the £250 top prize, are:
Ady Young and Nick Kitson – guitarist singer songwriters (1pm), Staisha Jeary – musical theatre singer (1.30pm), James Dean – Rat Pack singer (2pm), Charlotte and Cory – guitar and singer duo (3pm), George Butler – ukulele player (3.30pm) and the
Fine City Chorus – barbershop choir (4pm)
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 7 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof