The search for missing Gorleston man continues
- Credit: The Martyniak Family
The father of a missing 21-year-old has issued new pictures of his son as the search continues.
Pawel Martyniak, of Carrel Road, Gorleston, has been missing since the evening of Tuesday, November 30.
Pawel's father Andre described how the past five weeks have been for the Martyniak family.
Andre Martyniak said: "It was our first Christmas without him.
"My wife is just devastated. She hasn't been able to do anything but cry.
"It has been a very sad time.
"We just don't know what to do."
Between the hours of 6pm and 7pm on November 30, it is believed Pawel was seen walking from his family home, passing through Kennedy Avenue, Orde Avenue and Victoria Road in the direction of Park Road.
When Pawel - aka Paul - left he took his mobile phone with his driver's licence in the phone case.
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 3 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 4 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 5 Investigations continue after stabbing in town park
- 6 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 7 Norfolk recruiting police officers - but not those with 'offensive' tattoos
- 8 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 9 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 10 'The time has come' - Landlord of seaside pub retires after 50 years at helm
He also took his sister's phone.
Andre said that his son's phone was active until 5.50am on December 1 and his daughter's phone was active until December 2.
Pawel did not take his wallet or passport.
Andre said if his son took any money, it would not have been a lot.
"We would just like to know where he is," Andre said.
"It's very, very strange.
"If we knew he was somewhere safe, that would be enough.
"But we just don't know."
Andre said their family in Poland have not heard from Pawel either.
Previously Pawel studied business at the University of Essex.
Andre believes his son might be around Colchester or London.
"If he would like to hide, that would be a good place to do it," Andre said.
"It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
"We just want to know he is somewhere safe."
In an attempt to appeal for information on his son, Andre has set up a Facebook group called Find Paul Martyniak.
Pawel has also been registered on the Missing People website, where a poster can be downloaded.
Searches for Pawel have still been active but most areas he was thought to be have been thoroughly checked.
Pawel is described as white, approximately 5 ft 10 in height, and of medium build with brown curly hair, dark facial hair.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Norfolk Police on 101, quoting incident number 9 of December 1, or alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.