Football fun at church as cage installed
- Credit: Archant
A church in Gorleston was taken over by young people as a football cage was installed indoors.
Pews were cleared out of the way on June 15 as St Mary Magdalene Church in Gorleston launched its new youth club, Mags.
In a quick-paced game, pairs of youngsters took it in turns to compete with one another in the cage as others gathered around to cheer them on.
Rev Matthew Price, minister of St Mary Magdalene Church, explained, 'We were delighted to welcome 28 young people to the launch of Mags. From September, we are planning this will become a regular group for young people in school year 6 and above.'
Mr Price continued, 'Friday was the first of three special launch events and we were grateful to the Sports Factory team from St Thomas' church in Norwich for bringing their football cage for the fun!'
You may also want to watch:
The next Mags launch event takes place on Friday June 29 from 6pm-7.30pm. This week will feature a giant inflatable bull game.
For further information call 01493 298313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church