Gorleston champion coupon collector to share tips on TV
- Credit: Archant
A Gorleston mum and coupon expert is to appear on television to pass on her expertise.
Holly Smith, 30, will be on Channel 4's new programme 'Sun, Sea and Supersavers' at 8pm on Tuesday.
In the programme it will show Holly's money saving achievements, and how she hopes to pass her expertise to a mum, who spends £185 a week on groceries - more than twice the national average.
Another reason for Holly to celebrate, is that she has been shortlisted as one of six finalists in the Blog of the Year 'Best Thrifty' category at the Mum and Dad Blog Awards.
The finalists have beaten more than 7,000 other blogs just to be shortlisted.
You may also want to watch:
Holly was diagnosed with rare bone tumours in 2009, and found herself at a loose end while waiting for an operation.
So to pass the time, she started a money-saving and couponing blog.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Two people injured in A47 crash
Her UK Couponing blog, tells the story of Holly and her two children, along with product reviews, competitions, money saving tips and commentary on parenting issues.
Holly said: 'I started writing my blog when I was suffering from debilitating illness, which forced me to give up my normal job as a promotional worker.
'I decided to channel my positive attitude and set up a money saving blog. Blogging really helped me through the hard times and pain. I wanted people to know if a person has a positive attitude, they can overcome most adversities.
'I'm so happy people nominated my blog, and it's such a great honour to have reached the finals of the awards.'
Readers can follow Hollys's Frugal blog at http://www.ukcouponing.co.uk/ . They also have until May 27th to vote for their favourite blogs in 14 categories at the Tots100 MAD Awards website at http://www.tots100.co.uk/awards.
The award winners will be revealed at a gala awards ceremony at the Royal Garden Hotel in London on September 16.