Good Care Guide website launched to provide reviews of care providers
A new website that allows people to post 'reviews' about the country's care providers means that childcare and care for the elderly can now be checked online in the same way that hotels can be researched on TripAdvisor.
The Good Care Guide, founded by Norfolk couple Stephen and Denise Burke, aims to give relatives a helping hand when it comes to exploring available care options for their loved ones.
Run by two companies - My Family Care and United for all Ages - the website is designed to provide a user-friendly way of researching and sharing opinions.
Mr Burke, of Happisburgh, said: 'Good Care Guide will make it much easier for consumers of care to find out what other people really think about care providers,' he said.
'It will provide families with a tool that will enable them to judge the quality of a provider from the honest feedback of other users and enable care users to share their experiences, good or bad.'
Mr Burke added that he hoped the website would become a deciding factor when choosing care but emphasised it must not be the only factor taken into consideration and explained users still need to do their homework.
'We had over 20,000 visits to the site on launch day and people have been very enthusiastic about it,' he said.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
'Good Care Guide takes the fear and complexity out of looking for care providers and makes it easier.'
? To view the website please visit www.goodcareguide.co.uk
? For the full story pick up tomorrow's (Monday) EDP.