Golf day raises thousands for charity
- Credit: Denis Bishop
A golf day has raised over £4000 for armed forces charity SSAFA, the East Anglian Air Ambulance and other Rotary good causes.
The event was held at Swaffham Golf Course with High Sheriff of Norfolk James Bagge representing SSAFA.
The money was raised by the golfers, sponsors, donations and guests.
The winning team was from Lenwade Electrical including Keith Wright, Tony Chambers, Ron Kent and Harold Nobb.
They received their prizes from Rotary President Bill Muir and Paul LeGrice, managing director of Abel Homes, the main sponsor.
You may also want to watch:
Runners up were Abel Homes - Paul LeGrice, Rob Loudon, Andy Nicholls and Wilf Wright.
Third were the EAAA doctors and pilots - Luke Morgan, Victor Inynag, Chris Sherriff and Adam Chesters.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 10 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
Swaffham Captain's team was fourth - Ian Lake, Bob Woodwards, Keith Creed and Tom Grass.