Golf day raises thousands for charity
- Credit: Denis Bishop
A golf day has raised over £4000 for armed forces charity SSAFA, the East Anglian Air Ambulance and other Rotary good causes.
The event was held at Swaffham Golf Course with High Sheriff of Norfolk James Bagge representing SSAFA.
The money was raised by the golfers, sponsors, donations and guests.
The winning team was from Lenwade Electrical including Keith Wright, Tony Chambers, Ron Kent and Harold Nobb.
They received their prizes from Rotary President Bill Muir and Paul LeGrice, managing director of Abel Homes, the main sponsor.
You may also want to watch:
Runners up were Abel Homes - Paul LeGrice, Rob Loudon, Andy Nicholls and Wilf Wright.
Third were the EAAA doctors and pilots - Luke Morgan, Victor Inynag, Chris Sherriff and Adam Chesters.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
Swaffham Captain's team was fourth - Ian Lake, Bob Woodwards, Keith Creed and Tom Grass.